Being a medical professional is a privilege, but it can be difficult. The following are methods to incorporate wellness into our life during residency and beyond.
- 20 paid vacation days
- Annual resident retreat – 24 hours of protected time
- Annual winter holiday party
- Monthly wellness dinners/activities (faculty and residents)
- Yearly retreat for each class – 24 hours of protected time
- Resident appreciation day gifts
- Resident elective education stipend – $1800 per year
- OhioHealth gym access and local gym discounts
- Free counseling through OhioHealth
- Concierge service
- Stay connected (family/friends)
- Stay involved
- Stay active (fitness)
- Explore the city
- Keep a diary/journal
- Make connections with other medical students and residents at conferences etc.
- Get to know the residents and faculty on a personal level
- Set goals
- Keep a to do list (study)
- Reach out to a counselor or therapist if you need it. Your school should have available resources.
Mayo Well-Being Index