- State-of-the-art 50-bed Emergency Department that opened in the spring of 2010
- Medical education center that includes a simulation laboratory, 300 seat auditorium, conference rooms, medical library, staff offices, resident lounge with sleeping rooms, and a fitness center
- Accredited by the American Osteopathic Association and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization
- Part of OhioHealth, the largest healthcare services provider in central Ohio.
- Certified as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers and Providers and the first hospital to achieve Tier III accreditation
- Certified Primary Stroke Provider by the Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stoke Association
- Named Leapfrog Group’s Top Hospitals list for quality of care
- Named Truven’s list of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals for clinical quality, patient satisfaction, efficiency, and financial health
- Named Truven’s Health Analytics “50 Top cardiovascular Hospitals,” 2013
- Named among the nation’s “most wired hospitals” by Hospitals and Health Networks magazine
- OhioHealth ranked in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For (Fortune Magazine)
- OhioHealth named Truven’s Top Fifteen Healthcare Systems in America
Columbus is the capital of and largest city in the state of Ohio. It serves as host to a thriving downtown business district with terrific shopping, dining and cultural attractions. Very close to downtown, the Short North area is home to many art galleries, eclectic restaurants, trendy shopping and unique apartments, while German Village offers beautiful old homes and ethnic dining in a safe city neighborhood. Suburban Columbus is a great place to raise a family with a wide variety of housing and public and private educational options.
Easy access is also afforded to a number of outdoor amenities including lakes, rivers, and an excellent park system. The nationally recognized Columbus Zoo also draws many visitors each year. Sports fans enjoy The Ohio State University and pro sports including: hockey, soccer, lacrosse, arena football, and minor league baseball. Columbus is also home to the PGA Memorial Tournament. The professional sports and other amenities of Cincinnati and Cleveland are within a two-to-three hour drive. In addition, many Broadway shows and major concerts are available in Columbus, throughout the year.
- 14th largest city in the country in terms of population, largest city in Ohio, and 3rd largest city in the Midwest. Columbus is within 500 miles of half the population in the United States.
- Best big city to live in (CNN/Money)
- Most affordable places to live (Forbes)
- Best place for singles (Money Magazine)
- Best place to raise kids (Business Week)
- America’s economically strongest metro areas (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- Best place for business and careers (Forbes)
- Ranked #6 American Dream City (Burghard Group)
- Best library system (Library Journal)
- Best zoo in America (USA Travel Guide)
- Best science museum, COSI (Parents Magazine)
- Best children’s hospital – Nationwide Children’s Hospital (Parents Magazine)
- Home to 4 of the top 100 golf courses in America (Golf Digest)